THINKING INSIDE THE BOX – SWARM PREVENTION
This one is for my friends from EAS.
On August 13th, 2021 I presented this updated view of honey bee hive dynamics and swarm behaviors.
The goal of the presentation is:
- Understand the natural process that is swarming and it purpose.
- The timing behind swarm issuance
- A run through of swarm triggers (things that drive a colony to swarm) and swarm indicators (signs to know a colony is mustering)
- A number of management practices and techniques are discussed to prevent swarming.
- How to recognize when you are to late and what to do about it
To access the downloadable PDF of the slides, click the link below.